Thank you for visiting our website. These are unprecedented times, and now, more than ever, independent bookstores and other local businesses need your support. If you can’t make it to our store, consider visiting our Bookshop site to order any book delivered directly to your door, download an audiobook from our partner, Libro.fm, buy an e-book, or consider purchasing a gift card for a future visit. We’re always just a phone call away for questions about our in-store inventory and other book support. We are all in this together and the power of the written word will get us through.
Scout & Morgan Books
Shop Independent Bookstores
When you buy a book at Scout & Morgan Books, not only will you get a great book to read and share, you will also join us in helping to build and strengthen our community. We feel an obligation to be an ethical and responsible business and we do so by supporting our local schools, teachers, libraries and the arts, numerous local charities and service organizations, as well as our employees.
We pledge to you that we will never operate our business in a way that exploits our employees, our vendors and suppliers, or our customers. We strive to pay it forward by supporting other local businesses, including our local printers and sign-makers, banks, credit unions and co-ops, and the businesses of our customers.
When you choose to shop at any independently owned business, your community benefits in the following ways:
- Spend $100 at a local store and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.